2021 Geometry in Construction Online Workshop Information
We will be offering the Geometry in Construction Workshop online this summer. Included in the workshop are the lesson plans, activities, and student problem bank (used instead of a textbook) with permission to copy for students in your classroom and access to the Teacher’s Toolkit (video series). An optional 3 graduate credits can be earned through Colorado State University.
Unique materials needed for the workshop will be shipped to school/home for use by teachers enrolled. There will be limited materials that will need to be provided by the teacher.
Sessions will be recorded for viewing if you are not able to attend one of the sessions.
Workshop will meet:
- Tuesday, July 13, 2021: 4 hours
- Wednesday, July 14, 2021: Approximately 2 hours of homework
- Thursday, July 15, 2021: 4 hours
- Friday, July 16, 2021: Approximately 2 hours of homework
- Monday, July 19, 2021: 4 hours
- Tuesday, July 20, 2021: Approximately 2 hours of homework
- Wednesday, July 21: 2021: 4 hours
- Thursday, July 22, 2021: Approximately 2 hours of homework
- Friday, July 23, 2021: 4 hours
- Tuesday, August 3, 2021: 8 hours
- Wednesday, August 4, 2021: 8 hours
- Thursday, August 5, 2021: 1 hour
***For August 3 and 4 for the hands-on portion of the course. Teachers will need to complete one of the following options.
- Travel to Denver, CO to attend an in-person workshop doing the hands-on CTE portion (cost is the responsibility of the school district). The in-person workshop will be conducted meeting all of the local Covid restrictions and guidelines. OR
- Watch live stream sessions of teachers doing the CTE activities/doing some of these activities at your site from the course, providing for a time of Q & A, and how to adapt to fit your school’s situation.
Cost for the workshop is $1695.