10 Oct What are some of the characteristics of the teachers that teach AMPED on Algebra?
1) Teachers need to understand that a program like this requires extra time for the initial year of implementation.
2) Teachers must be willing to change their teaching styles if needed.
3) We have found that age or experience in the classroom does not predict success.
4) Both teachers must respect each other’s class and the need for it. Both teachers must be equal in their commitment to the program.
5) Both teachers must like kids and must be enthusiastic.
6) Teachers must be of the mind set that when they teach they are always evaluating themselves to see how they can improve the lesson the next time.
7) The teachers must view their classroom as a business and be comfortable in producing a product that is to be sold.
8) Realize that the right pair of teachers will need support from the building administration or from the CTE director. They need to feel as if the team is more than just the two of them. The pair of teachers need someone to work alongside of them to remove potential road blocks at the building and district level.